IMPORTANT ACCESSIBILITY FEATURES THROUGHOUT OUR WEBSITE AND HOTEL
Our goal is to provide hospitality to all people who travel to Mendocino. This means everyone. Our mission is to make it as easy as possible for all people including those with hearing, vision, or any other disability to learn about our property and book their stay if they so desire.
If you have difficulty learning about or booking our hotel, we invite you to contact us via telephone or email and our friendly staff will gladly assist you.
We work very hard to provide an easy-to-use online experience for all guests. We believe all of our website visitors should be able to easily research online on https://www.hillhouseinn.com/ regardless of device type and whether an individual requires assistive technology like a screen reader, font magnification, translation or voice recognition software.
To ensure this, Hill House Inn is committed to compliance with Level AA success criteria of the Website Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 (WCAG 2.1), an international standard measure of accessibility success. Our website and digital marketing has been developed after carefully parsing these particular guidelines and is continuously being enhanced to make our technology more accessible and user-friendly.
We have tested our hotel’s website to ensure that we meet or exceed Level AA checkpoints of the WCAG 2.1 Standard.
Our hotel website allows visitors to search for accessibility featured guest rooms with ease and details our property’s accessibility features on our hotel Overview page which can be found here: Click Here
Our hotel has the appropriate policies, best practices, and procedures in place to ensure that individuals with disabilities can make reservations for accessible guest rooms during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals who do not need accessible rooms.
As part of our reservation processes, we:
- Modify our policies, practices, or procedures to ensure that individuals with disabilities can make reservations for accessible guest rooms during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals who do not need accessible rooms
- Identify and describe accessible features at our place of lodging and guest rooms offered through our reservations system in enough detail to reasonably permit individuals with disabilities to assess independently whether a given place of lodging or guest room meets his/her accessibility needs
- Ensure that accessible guest rooms are held for use by individuals with disabilities until all other guest rooms of that type have been rented and the accessible room requested is the only remaining room of that type
- Reserve, upon request, accessible guest rooms or specific types of guest rooms and ensure that the guest rooms requested are blocked and removed from all reservations systems
- Guarantee that the specific accessible guest room reserved through our reservations system is held for the reserving guest, regardless of whether a specific room is held in response to reservations made by others.
If you require any assistance with booking your reservation, please contact us directly via email, phone, or social media, which you will find on our Contact Us page.
If you have any questions or would like to report any issues related to the accessibility features of our hotel’s website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can learn more about W3C’s Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) HERE
- 32 Inch Wide Openings to Common Areas
- Accessibility Equipment for The Deaf
- Accessible Elevator
- Accessible Entrance to Restaurant
- Accessible Guest Rooms with 32 Inch Wide Openings
- Accessible Meeting Rooms
- Accessible Public Restroom
- Accessible Registration Check-in Counters/Other Counters Serving Guests Have A Lowered Portion No More Than 36" High or Has A Folding Shelf At 36" High To Allow Persons Who Use Wheelchair
- Accessible Routes To Fire Exits
- ADA Accessible Guest Room
- ADA Compliant Elevator
- All doorways to and within Accessible Guest Rooms are Wheelchair Accessible
- All hallways and corridors free of any steps or abrupt vertical level changes
- All sidewalks and walkways free of any objects that pose a hazard to persons with low vision
- Signs on The Property Include Braille are Easy to Read and Free From Reflective Material
- Connecting Rooms Available
- Dining Facilities Accessible
- Door hardware (lever, pull, panic bar, etc.) usable with one hand, without tight grasping, pinching or twisting of the wrist
- Grab Bars in Public Bathrooms
- Ground Floor Hotel Entrance
- Hotel corridors a minimum of 36” wide
- Hotel Provides Proper Number of Accessible Guest Rooms Stipulated by ADA
- Hotel Provides Proper Number of Accessible Parking Spots Including Van Accessible Spots Stipulated by ADA
- Key card reader positioned so persons who use wheelchairs may approach and operate the opener
- Main Features of Hotel Accessible on Ground Floor
- Meeting Space on Ground Floor
- Men’s bathroom urinal no higher than 17”
- No steps or abrupt level changes that will impede access for persons who use wheelchairs, walkers and other mobility aids between accessible parking and entrance
- No steps or abrupt level changes that will impede access for persons who use wheelchairs, walkers and other mobility aids between accessible parking and guest room entry
- People in Need of Accessible Features Can Book Accessible Rooms During The Same Time and Terms That Others Can Reserve Rooms
- Public telephones that are accessible
- Registration Desk, Lobby, Guest Rooms, and Exterior/Interior Amenities are Accessible From The Public Sidewalk
- Service Animals Allowed At No Additional Charge
- Staff Has Access to Information About Guest Rooms
- WCAG Level 2.1 Website
- Wheelchair Accessibility Throughout Guest Room and Guest Bathroom per ADA Standards
- Wheelchair Accessible per ADA Standards
- Wheelchair Accessible Route From The Accessible Parking Space To The Facility’s Entrance, Registration Desk, Guest Room, and Exterior/Interior Amenities
- Wheelchair Ramp
- Service Animals Allowed
This hotel website for Hill House Inn is designed to be fully accessible to all and is designed according to W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 and conforms to most priority checkpoints which entail some of the following elements:
Our hotel’s website can be navigated by using the tab key to traverse the elements of each page and by using the enter key to activate a highlighted link.
Structured, Semantic Markup
HTML heading tags are used to convey the document structure. Navigation menus are tagged as HTML maps so that the menu title can be read out, and the menu items are presented as a group. Please see our Site Map for easy navigation at: https://www.hillhouseinn.com/sitemap
All content images include descriptive ALT attributes and all purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
The site is designed to conform to Level AA compliance as specified by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. All pages validate as XHTML 1.0 and use structured semantic markup.
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1, which explains the reasons behind each guideline.
- Section 508, Information and news about the accessibility standards introduced by Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Accessibility Software and Services
The following tools and services are available for free to assist you with viewing and interacting with our website:
- Click Here for HTML Validator, a free service for checking that web pages conform to published HTML standards.
- Click Here for Web Page Backward Compatibility Viewer, a tool for viewing your web pages without a variety of modern browser features.
- Click Here for Lynx, a free text-only web browser.
Optimize the way you view your web browser. If you have difficulty in reading the Hill House Inn website on your screen, you may be able to change the settings on your browser to help you improve readability and visibility of each webpage:
Learn about the Accessibility features of these major Internet Browsers below:
- Mozilla Firefox: Click Here for Mozilla Firefox Accessibility Features
- Google Chrome: Click Here for Google Accessibility Features
- Microsft Edge: Click Here for Click Here for Microsoft Edge Accessibility Features
- Apple Safari: Click Here for Apple Accessibility Support